Keys to Success
• Already establish a well-respected music lesson department and start a rapport early with school band and church music leaders.
• Offer extended hours to serve a larger portion of the buying public than our competitors do.
• Educate the buying public by merchandising our products with informational/tutorial signage and literature, and by backing that up with knowledgeable salespeople.
• Offer the services of a full time repair department to our client base.
• Continually modify the product and service offerings to stay on the leading edge of technology within our market.
• Exploit the many weaknesses of our local and national competitors to differentiate ourselves from them.
• Gain 25% of the local market share within the first three years.
• Maintain a minimum gross profit margin of 40%.
• Create a hands-on, educational approach to musical instrument merchandising.
• Target the large number of school band instrument customers who currently bypass local music stores for catalog or internet sales, due to poor service, selection and prices.
• Aggressively target the public school system and local religious organizations.